TRADEMARK REGISTRATION IN ARIPO
We have competent Trademark Attorneys who will guide and assist you to Register Trademark in ARIPO.
We will conduct Search and provide you with comprehensive Search Report, which will give you the probability of your trademark registration in ARIPO. Send us your trademark for preliminary Search in ARIPO
Filing Trademark Application in ARIPO
Our Trademark Attorney, will check whether the trademark to be registered is entitled for protection in Angola. Once the Trademark is checked, the competent Trademark Attorney, will then File and prosecute Trademark and Service Mark applications with ARIPO Trademarks Registry.
We will require the following information and documents to Register Trademark in ARIPO;
- The applicant’s name and address
- Designation of the Banjul Protocol contracting state(s), the state where the mark shall be protected
- Corresponding class/ classes of the goods and / services in accordance with the Nice Classification
- Name(s) of colors(s) claimed if any) as a distinctive feature of the mark,
- A reproduction of the mark in the form of a two Dimensional, graphic or photographic reproduction,
- A declaration of a actual use or intention to use the mark
- Power of Attorney, Simply signed NO NOTORIZATION OR LEGALIZATION IS REQUIRED
ARIPO follows the International Classification of Goods, However, in Malawi and Uganda service marks are not approved.
Multiclass application is allowed, several classes can be included in one application if the Trademark is to be registered in more than one class;
Once filed, the Trademark application shall be published and the opposition period is within three (3) months following publication.
Registration and Renewal
The Trademark is registered for the first 10 years from the filing date, and The Trademark registration is renewable indefinitely for periods of 10 years upon each renewal. The trademark renewal can be requested during the grace period of Six (6) months after expiration, upon payment of a late renewal fee.
The Trademark registration will be subject to cancellation actions based on lack of use, if it is not used for more than five years (5) after registration of the trademark, in any member state.
Other Trademark Related Services.
We can also assist you with Trademark Monitoring, Recordial Change of names and Address, Recordial of Assignment and Merger.