TRADEMARK REGISTRATION IN EGYPT
Filing Trademark Application in Egypt
Our Trademark Attorney, will check whether the trademark to be registered is entitled for protection in Egypt. Once the Trademark is checked, the competent Trademark Attorney, will then File and prosecute Trademark and Service Mark applications at the Egypt Trademarks Registry.
We will require the following information and documents to Register Trademark in Egypt;
- Name, address and nationality of the Applicant; Certified copy of the certificate of incorporation or an extract from the commercial register.
- One print of the proposed trademark (even for word marks in ordinary type);
- List of goods and services;
- List of Classes;
- Priority application number, country and date, if any;
- Power of Attorney signed and sealed, also legalized by the Egyptian Embassy
Egypt follows the International Classification of Goods, Multiclass application is allowed, different Classes can be included in one Trademark application if the Trademark is to be registered in more than one class;
Once filed, the Trademark application shall be published and the opposition period is within 60 days following publication.
Registration and Renewal
The Trademark is registered for the first 10 years from the filing date, and The Trademark registration is renewable indefinitely for periods of 10 years upon each renewal. The trademark renewal can be requested during the grace period of six (6) months after expiration, upon payment of a late renewal fee.
The Trademark registration will be subject to cancellation actions based on lack of use, if it is not used for more than Five (5) years after registration of the trademark.
Other Trademark Related Services.
We can also assist you with Trademark Monitoring, Recordial Change of names and Address, Recordial of Assignment and Merger.