TRADEMARK REGISTRATION IN LIBYA
Filing Trademark Application in Libya
Our Trademark Attorney, will check whether the trademark to be registered is entitled for protection in Morocco. Once the Trademark is checked, the competent Trademark Attorney, will then File and prosecute the Trademark applications at the Libya Trademark office
We will require the following information and documents to register trademark in Libya;
- Name, address and nationality of the Applicant;
- One copy of the mark
- List of goods and services;
- List of Classes;
- Priority application number, country and date, if any;
- Certified copy of priority documents (with English translation) duly legalized by the Libyan Consulate in the origin country,
- The company commercial registration in case the trade mark is owned by a legal entity, legalized by the Libyan Consulate in the same country.
- Power of Attorney signed by authorized person, Notarized and Legalized by the Libyan Consulate in the same country.
Libya follows the International Classification of Goods, Multiclass application is not allowed, different applications must be filed for each class of the trademark if the Trademark is to be registered in more than one class;
Once filed, examined and accepted the Trademark application shall be published and the opposition period is within ninety (90) days following publication.
Registration and Renewal
The Trademark is registered for the first 10 years from the filing date, and The Trademark registration is renewable indefinitely for periods of 10 years upon each renewal. The trademark renewal can be requested during the grace period of six (6) months after expiration, upon payment of a late renewal fee.
The Trademark registration will be subject to cancellation actions based on lack of use, if it is not used for more than five years (5) after registration of the trademark.
Other Trademark Related Services.
We can also assist you with Trademark Monitoring, Recordial Change of names and Address, Recordial of Assignment and Merger.